Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 151012 KZSB radio show October 12, 2015 attached  (Read 1844 times)

TomT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Photos of SBAU activities on FLICKR, albums latest to older
151012 KZSB radio show October 12, 2015 attached
« on: October 12, 2015, 05:30:03 PM »

Our every other Monday KZSB radio Astronomy hour with Chuck, Ron Herron, and myself.   I resized my audio file to less than 10MB, so it should be downloadable to play without the need to find the ftp site for sbau.org.

I got the Baron Ron Herron to start with a bit of Monty Python's "the universe song", but he went back to Gato Barbieri "europa" and 2001's "Thus Sprach Zarathustra" and the Pan Am floating bit later.

We covered a wide range of topics: Tires on landing planes, Baron joined the club for $15, we mentioned our next speaker would cover Brown Dwarfs, Carl Sagan and Tholins on Pluto, the new observatory, our wives, why we are interested in astronomy, planet = wanderer, moons, rogue planets, Io, solar system size, Voyager 1, The Martian movie, the Dunning - Kruger effect, tom skerritt, shoemaker levy 9, occultations, asteroid detection orbit changing, Rosetta, comet ice, hydrogen, Westmont, campout, and Columbus dead reckoning. 

Seems I did not make my recording time long enough...we got in some time with the Baron before 9am and my time limit at the end came a bit early compared to the 10am stop of the radio show.

Remember, you can hear the show again on the following Sunday at 3am or 3pm!
http://morenews.newspress.com/kzsb/radio.html

I hope to hear from or see you soon!  Support the SBAU with your time at outreaches!  Tom Totton
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 12:51:17 PM by TomT »
Pages: [1]   Go Up