Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Username: Password:
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 151214 Update: KZSB Dec 14, 2015; Sunday Dec 20 replay file attached  (Read 1682 times)

TomT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Photos of SBAU activities on FLICKR, albums latest to older

[Update: 2nd version attached from Sunday replay]

Yes, I was listening in from Michigan using the internet link http://morenews.newspress.com/kzsb/radio.html.  Baron, as usual, got some personal details from JerryW and TomW about their education and work history.  It was interesting to hear our folks, some of the biggest guns in our arsenal, trying to get across physics concepts to the Baron and the radio audience.  Even with Jerry patiently explaining a concept, I am not sure if the idea can be absorbed in only one sitting, so he will need to come back to the radio show for a repeat performance.  And explaining how to get the best telescope is more difficult that it would seem.  It is great that the Baron calls the show the "Astronomical Unit hour" and that the meetings and outreaches get some great advertising.

Attached is my cropped recording of the show, but I did not realize my voice and other background noise would be picked by microphone at the same time, so the recording is not as interference free as it should be.  Sorry.  Maybe I can try again this coming Sunday at 3am or 3pm!  Thanks to Chuck, Jerry, and Tom for the informative morning.  I hope you can enjoy what I have attached if you missed it.  Remember to listen in, 9am, 1290AM, every Second and Fourth Monday of the month, KZSB radio or the internet link above.

[Update: Attached 2nd file, 45min, of the Sunday replay of the show at 3pm, which misses some of the pre-show talk of the other file.  Hope it sounds a little better, with less interference.  I still need to find a way to record without using the microphone picking up noise around this cheap laptop.]

Tom Totton
Pages: [1]   Go Up